印度的威爵也会想到girl he leftbehind吧
威灵顿吧
全部回复
仅看楼主
level 11
The dames of France are fond and free.
法兰西的贵妇多情风流,
And Flemish lips are willing,
佛兰芒的芳唇情愿献吻,
And soft the maids of Italy,
意大利的少女娇柔醉人,
And Spanish eyes are thrilling;
而西班牙的秋波勾魂摄魄,
Still, though I bask beneath their smile,
虽然我沐浴在佳人们的笑莞中,
Their charms fail to bind me.
她们的魅力却不能俘获我,
And my heart falls back to Erin's Isle,
我的心飞回了爱尔兰岛,
To the girl I left behind me.
回到了那位我留在身后的那位女孩身旁,
For she's as fair as Shannon's side,
她就像香农河畔一样美丽,
And purer than its water.
甚至比它的河水还要纯洁,
But she refused to be my bride,
虽然我多年以来都在把她追,
Though many a year I sought her.
但她还是拒绝成为我的新娘,
Yet, since to France I sailed away,
不过当我远航法兰西,
Her letters oft remind me,
她的信时常让我想起,
That I promised never to gainsay,
那位我发誓永不拒绝的,
The girl I left behind me.
我留在身后的女孩,
She says, "My own dear love, come home,
她说:“我亲爱的,回家吧
,My friends are rich and many,
我有许多多金的朋友,
Or else abroad with you I'll roam,
或者我会和你这样一位不比任何人逊色的坚勇士兵,
A soldier stout as any
;一起漂泊异乡
,If you'll not come, nor let me go
,但如果你不回来,不如让我走,
I'll think you have resigned me.”,
我就当你已经把我甩了”,My heart nigh broke when I answered,"No!”,
我的心几乎碎了
,To the girl I left behind me.
当我对这位我留在身后的女孩说"不!"的时候
,For never shall my true love brave,
战乱和劳苦的生活,
A life of war and toiling;
是我爱人永远不能鼓起勇气面对的,
And never as a skulking slave,
我会踏上我的故土,
I'll tread my native soil on;
但绝不是作为一个爱情畏畏缩缩的奴隶,
But were it free or to be freed,
不过当战争结束,不管我是否恢复了自由身
,The battle close would find me,
我一定无需向爱尔兰送去消息,
To Ireland bound nor message need,
她一定会来找我,
From the girl I left behind me.
那位我留在身后的女孩。
2019年11月27日 18点11分 1
1